You are not logged in.

#1 2004-07-27 07:08:37

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

Update your ArchStats info!

When browsing through registered users' packages in ArchStats, they either don't upgrade their packages (pacman -Syu) or update ArchStats (archstats -u). I am quite sure Archstats is neglected. When its not updated the list (Packages) becomes huge with different versions of same package.

<b>Please, update your ArchStats info!!</b>

ArchStats:
http://archstats.coding-zone.com/index. … iewstats=y

Markku

#2 2004-07-27 10:25:55

farphel
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Update your ArchStats info!

One of the problems is that there are entries for systems that are no longer being updated.  I think I'm even guilty of this where I built a system, registered it with archstats, rebuilt it a month or so later, and re-registered it as a new system.  The old stats will never get updated since I lost the original system id.

Do you think it's time I flushed out the old data?  How about if I purge data that hasn't been updated in a month?

Follow the link below, sign up, and accept one promotional offer.  If I can get five suckers (err... friends) to do this, I'll get a free iPod.  Then you too can try to get a free iPod. Thanks! http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=11363142

#3 2004-07-27 10:56:03

torindan2

Another problem is that some of us use latest & greatest features of Arch: nptl & udev
And archstats does not supports NTPL. I asked Eric if he can provide an NPTL linked archstats almost 2 months ago... and the answer for that moment was "no"
Maybe he will change his mind now?

And please do not purge al data...since Arch has NPTL no one of those who updated their sistem can't send data to archstats...and that was 2 months ago.
It would be better if you give us some way to update our data, and purge after that.

#4 2004-07-27 12:52:21

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

Do we (Archers) want to know how many users use a particular version or would it be enough to list the package name only? If we want the versions, how about listing the average...."the most popular version".

Markku

#5 2004-07-27 15:45:42

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Assuming the problem is that archstats is statically linked, just rebuilding it on an nptl system would be enough to have an "nptl enabled" binary.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#6 2004-07-27 15:54:47

farphel
Forum Fellow
Website

torindan2 wrote:

Another problem is that some of us use latest & greatest features of Arch: nptl & udev
And archstats does not supports NTPL. I asked Eric if he can provide an NPTL linked archstats almost 2 months ago... and the answer for that moment was "no"
Maybe he will change his mind now?

I'll look into it.  However, IIRC, the problem was with DNS name resolution which is handled by libcurl.  So, libcurl would need to be recompiled against the NPTL and then archstats compiled against that version of libcurl.  I'll talk it over with dorphell and see if he's able to create an NPTL version.

rasat wrote:

Do we (Archers) want to know how many users use a particular version or would it be enough to list the package name only? If we want the versions, how about listing the average...."the most popular version".

I'll have to make some modifications to the database/php script to keep the version numbers separate from the package.  But I think it's a good idea to hold onto the version numbers, but to display just the package names.

Something else to work on in my spare time. wink

Cheers,
farphel

Follow the link below, sign up, and accept one promotional offer.  If I can get five suckers (err... friends) to do this, I'll get a free iPod.  Then you too can try to get a free iPod. Thanks! http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=11363142

Board footer