You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-13 07:37:44

_Marco_

.gvfs problem

hi,
I simply want to know if this happens only for me, I'm not using gnome (and this may be the cause) but I'm running a compiz WM only session.
If I run "ls -a" in my home folder I get:

.gvfs: Transport endpoint is not connected

I tried and it block root from being able to delete the account .. (useless information I know but better more than less tongue)
To temporarily solve I use "umount /home/username/.gvfs" and it works, unlock the situation and I can (as root) delete the account.
Just a note, I didn't run a complete gnome session but running gnome-appearance-properties generates .gvfs
(I've seen the wiki openbox article to change gtk-theme and font without tools but this apps is simply too useful, I hope someone know an alternative  to it)
I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem (probably this don't happen in a gnome-session)
Thanks in advance

#2 2008-05-13 07:49:16

JGC
Developer

Re: .gvfs problem

.gvfs is a FUSE mount required for backwards compatibility with applications that don't support GVFS/GIO. This mount is unmounted when gvfsd is stopped.

#3 2008-05-13 08:25:29

_Marco_

Re: .gvfs problem

hi JCG thanks for your reply smile
is it only needed if I run nautilus/gnome-session or it's useful in a WM only session?
(I only run gnome-terminal and gnome-appearance-proprieties if it's not needed I'd remove it )

Board footer