You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-13 02:16:45

rdking

Context versus latex

have heard many good things about context.  Having used latex for quite some time, and find it limiting in assuming too much wrt format and preferences, I wanted to give contex a try.  Does anyone know how to properly install it alongside texlive...looked in the aur but no pkgbuilds

any help setting up an install, pkgbuild or such would be great,

#2 2008-05-13 06:47:11

wuischke

Re: Context versus latex

I can't help you as of now, but you made me interested in knowing more. Thank you!

There's a tutorial in the (context) wiki, I'll give it a try later.

#3 2008-05-13 12:47:13

bender02

Re: Context versus latex

Context is just a tex format (exactly like latex), it's included in texlive-core package. You don't need any extra PKGBUILDs or anything. The only thing you need to do is to run 'texconfig' (or 'texconfig-sys' as root if you want to do it system-wide), go to FORMATS, that lets you edit certain config file, where you should uncomment the context formats you want. Exiting the editor should trigger format generation, and after that you should be done.

Let me know if there are any problems with that, please.

EDIT: I have cont-en enabled, but I don't remember if I set it that way or it came by default. Another thing is that context has its own perl tool ('texexec') which should be probably used to compile context documents (it's included in texlive-core).

Last edited by bender02 (2008-05-13 12:52:49)

Board footer