You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-13 19:04:35

Sisyphus

dwm + cellwriter

I recently switched from Openbox to dwm, trying Awesome along the way, which I was also rather fond of. The only problem I have, however, is that cellwriter, an app that converts handwriting to text and inserts it, doesn't work. It was working fine in Openbox. I'm on a Thinkpad X61 tablet, and though I don't use the tablet functionality all that much, it would be nice to have this functioning when I need it.

It appears the problem is that cellwriter gets focus whenever I click on it/move the mouse over it, so when I hit "enter", the text is sent to cellwriter itself, rather than a terminal or firefox or whatever other program I want it to be sent to. I tried this in dwm and awesome, and I have the same problem. I'm not sure if all tiling WMs have this problem, or its just dwm (since Awesome is based off dwm). I also tried using xvkbd, an onscreen keyboard, and it seems to have the same focus problem.

Anyone have any ideas on how I could get this to work?

Last edited by Sisyphus (2008-05-13 19:06:34)

#2 2008-05-13 20:11:23

Sigi

Re: dwm + cellwriter

I have no clue about cellwriter, but have you tried if having cellwriter in floating instead of tiling mode makes a difference?

Haven't been here in a while. Still rocking Arch. smile

#3 2008-05-13 21:15:44

Sisyphus

Re: dwm + cellwriter

Having either cellwriter or xvkbd set to floating makes no difference.

Board footer