You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-20 14:15:48

heleos

Pekwm margins

I've looked through the documentation, and tried to google, and I can't seem to find a result. The closest thing I could find was the 'harbour'. I have a conky running at the bottom of my screen, and also trayer. I would like to make it so pekwm doesn't cover the bottom 24 pixels of my screen, like the margin option in openbox. Does anyone know a way to do this?

#2 2008-05-20 15:05:32

kezar

Re: Pekwm margins

Try to replace the maximize action on buttons by MaxFill in your theme (something like Button = "1" { Actions = "MaxFill True True" }). It works.
If anyone has another solution I'm interested too.

#3 2008-05-20 21:25:14

peets
Website

It's my main problem with pekwm. Instead of some always-present information bar (I'm guessing this is what you need the space for?) you can try out pekwm's dynamic menus; you can put anything you want in those.

A very kludgey way to do it would be to have an empty 24 pixel high window at the bottom of your screen. There must be some program out there that does this. But it's not elegant.

kezar: I don't understand. Won't that only work if there's at least one dockapp running?

#4 2008-05-20 21:47:02

heleos

Yeah, I had a setup where I had conky and trayer at the bottom of the screen. Trayer overlapped opera (and im guessing anything else that fullscreens). I do have a date/time dynamic menu in pekwm, but it would be nice to set a margin. I'm also looking for a panel that plays nicely with pekwm, but can't seem to find one

Board footer