You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-20 16:39:41

davvil

pm-suspend: ¿random garbage in terminal?

I have an issue with pm-suspend.

The suspending and resuming operations seem to work. However when resuming, sometimes I get additional commands in the terminal I called pm-suspend from. Sometimes there is nothing, sometimes just blank lines (no big issue then), but sometimes there are some "random" commands in the terminal that are typed. I suspect they are related to the content of the X cut buffer, however I can not track them exactly as the behaviour is not always reproducible. Until now that was not big issue either, but I really hope no "rm -rf *' appears one day when waking up from suspend wink

Once I tried to bind the pm-suspend to a keybinding (via the compiz config utility) and then the laptop got stuck in a suspend-resume cycle. I suspect this issue is related to the problem.

Has someone had similar problems?

#2 2008-05-20 17:25:17

bender02

Re: pm-suspend: ¿random garbage in terminal?

Yea, I get that too. As you already observed, it's not random, it the contents of the X cut buffer. I don't know why and how it happens. One possible way to get around this problem is to use a little prog called 'xclip' (or something similar, there's a couple of them in the repos). You can use it to empty the clipboard just before you suspend (or, if you're adventurous insert 'sudo rm -rf /' into the clipboard selection buffer just before you suspend smile

#3 2008-05-21 09:46:02

davvil

Re: pm-suspend: ¿random garbage in terminal?

Thanks for the tip! I will write a wrapper script around pm-suspend to empty the cut-buffer.

Board footer