You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-21 21:51:12

Stythys
Website

First Package

Hey...trying to make my first pkgbuild. If I try to install it from the source, just normally on my comp, it runs fine. But, of course, in the pkgbuild, instead of 'make install' I'm running 'make DESTDIR="$startdir/pkg" install || return 1'

This caused me to get an error with pkg-config, which was fixed with adding 'export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:$startdir/pkg/usr/lib/pkgconfig' in the pkgbuild.

Now I'm getting an error '/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgstbuzztard' and I assume it's similar to what I found before, where I have to have something search $startdir instead of my normal system paths. Any ideas?

[home page] -- [code / configs]

"Once you go Arch, you must remain there for life or else Allan will track you down and break you."
-- Bregol

#2 2008-05-21 21:57:35

ghostHack

Re: First Package

What package are you trying to build?

#3 2008-05-21 22:00:09

Stythys
Website

buzztard

"Once you go Arch, you must remain there for life or else Allan will track you down and break you."
-- Bregol

#4 2008-05-22 00:12:48

ghostHack

It looks like the linker can't find the gst-buzztard files it needs.  Where did you install this?  If it was in a non-standard place you may need add this information to /etc/ld.conf and re-generate the config cache (run 'ldconfig' as root)

Also, can you post at least the build function from your PKGBUILD and the pkg-config error

#5 2008-05-22 01:55:10

Stythys
Website

ok, well some help on IRC said I should split the sources up, so I'll go ahead and do that

-- Bregol

Board footer