You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-23 16:55:29

The Orange Peanut

Messed up my GTK settings

I'm running KDE.  Up until now, I was using gtk-chtheme to manage my GTK themes.  I was browsing the Wiki just to see what kind of things I could do, and I noticed gtk-qt-engine that would let me manage GTK themes through KDE.  I installed it, but I noticed it brought in some Gnome dependencies and it didn't really offer any advantages over gtk-chtheme so I uninstalled it (as well as the dependencies.)  Unfortunately, now my GTK apps in KDE aren't themed; they're  using the awful default Raleigh theme.  gtk-chtheme isn't working, even though my gtk-rc file still indicates that Clearlooks should be my theme.  Clearlooks is working in my Openbox sessions.

I'm GUESSING installing and uninstalling gtk-qt-engine made KDE look at a different file that gtk-rc for gtk theme options, but I'm not sure, and I don't know how to find it if it did.  What I'm getting at is... how can I fix this problem?  How can I make GTK apps follow what's in my gtk-rc file?

#2 2008-05-23 16:58:05

The Orange Peanut

Re: Messed up my GTK settings

Whoops.  Looks like the wiki actually explains this.  Sorry folks, delete this thread if you have the chance smile

#3 2008-05-23 19:14:33

staticvoid

Re: Messed up my GTK settings

just for people looking:

If something screws up, in your fm hit ctrl S to set a pattern for *.gtkrc and delete them all, or move them all else where. then run gtk-chtheme or whatever. .gtkrc.mine needs to have:

gtk-icon-theme-name="Tango"

or something smile

this is my sig

Board footer