You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-09 23:19:13

neonl
Website

Sonata Artist View Issue

Hello all,

I'm using Sonata + MPD since a few months ago. Never Had any trouble. Now sonata is having a bizarre behavior: when I switch from the (default) "Filesystem View" to the "Artist View", I can see all the artists I have in my library but when I open them there aren't any albums inside. If I run sonata from a console the output when I open an artist is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sonata/main.py", line 3075, in on_libra
ry_row_activated
    self.library_browse(None, value)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sonata/main.py", line 2409, in library_
browse
    coverfile = self.library_get_album_cover(dirs[i], artists[i], albums[i])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sonata/main.py", line 2444, in library_
get_album_cover
    tmp, coverfile = self.artwork_get_local_image(dir, artist, album)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sonata/main.py", line 4038, in artwork_
get_local_image
    testfile = img.single_image_in_dir(self.musicdir[self.profile_num] + songpat
h)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sonata/img.py", line 62, in single_imag
e_in_dir
    dir = gobject.filename_from_utf8(dir)
gobject.GError: Invalid byte sequence in conversion input
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sonata/main.py", line 3075, in on_libra
ry_row_activated
    self.library_browse(None, value)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sonata/main.py", line 2409, in library_
browse
    coverfile = self.library_get_album_cover(dirs[i], artists[i], albums[i])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sonata/main.py", line 2444, in library_
get_album_cover
    tmp, coverfile = self.artwork_get_local_image(dir, artist, album)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sonata/main.py", line 4038, in artwork_
get_local_image
    testfile = img.single_image_in_dir(self.musicdir[self.profile_num] + songpat
h)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sonata/img.py", line 62, in single_imag
e_in_dir
    dir = gobject.filename_from_utf8(dir)
gobject.GError: Invalid byte sequence in conversion input

Then, when I close Sonata it doesn't open anymore (open and close in less than a second with the message above), I have to erase ~/.config/sonata (reset the config).

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it."
Karl Marx
Thee Last.fm

#2 2008-05-10 04:13:28

stonecrest

Re: Sonata Artist View Issue

This is fixed in the 1.5.1 release.

I am a gated community.

#3 2008-05-21 22:21:01

neonl
Website

When is 1.5.1 coming... It's still in 1.5-2... Kind of boring to be using a buggy version and the update never comes roll.

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it."
Karl Marx
Thee Last.fm

#4 2008-05-22 11:15:23

neonl
Website

News, I built Sonata 1.5.1 using the pkgbuild from AUR (sonata-svn) and the issue with UTF-8 directories and Artist View isn't solved hmm.

Karl Marx
Thee Last.fm

#5 2008-05-24 02:39:27

stonecrest

Paste the traceback or whatever. It can't be the same issue as above - if it is, you're not using the svn version like you think.

I am a gated community.

Board footer