You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-23 22:03:15

carandraug

[solved] hibernation failures

Every time I hibernate ( I don't know if there's other ways to do it but just in case there is, I use "sudo pm-hibernate") it gives me

We do not own /var/log/pm-suspend.log, refusing to overwrite.
Failed to open connection to system message bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
Failed to open connection to system message bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

Well, the computer does turns off and when I turn it on everything seems to be ok (aside this text, of course). I don't know what it is and I'm afraid it can create problems later.

pm-utils was installed automatically when I was installing Thunar. When installing, it gave me a warning,something about deprecating powersave.
I installed pm-utils, again, through pacman just in case and received no message worth of note
I edited "/boot/grub/menu.lst" as it says in the wiki about pm-utils
I checked the file "/var/log/pm-hibernate.log" and "/var/log/pm-suspend.log" and there's no such files
I checked "/etc/group" and I belong to the group Power

Any explanation/help about what's going on is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by carandraug (2008-05-24 23:40:54)

Miss your loved ones?
You don't have to. RJX-21 laser scope.

#2 2008-05-24 09:57:28

ScriptDevil

Re: [solved] hibernation failures

Try /etc/rc.d/dbus start and if it works that way, add dbus to /etc/rc.d

Be yourself, because you are all that you can be

#3 2008-05-24 11:26:45

INCSlayer
Website

if you simply create the pm-suspend.log file it will stop complaining about that atleast big_smile

dovie andi se tovya sagain

#4 2008-05-24 21:41:22

carandraug

Thank you both! smile

/etc/rc.d/dbus start

made the last two errors disappear. There is, however, no file named "/etc/rc.d". I believe you meant to add "dbus" to the daemons section in  "/etc/rc.conf". That's what I did and it worked just fine.

Creation of an empty file at "/var/log/pm-suspend.log" took care of the first error. A bit strange the "We do not own" error if the cause is the file's inexistence. I would expect something in the line of "File does not exist". Well, next time I'll know better.

Solved!

Last edited by carandraug (2008-05-24 23:41:43)

Miss your loved ones?
You don't have to. RJX-21 laser scope.

Board footer