You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-01 22:31:57

cyprinus

Can't connect to the internet - students house.

Hello,
I have a problem, whenever I want to connect to the internet (DHCP IP). I get error:
Error, eth0:ARPOP_REPLY received from 192.168.122.22 (00:0c:41:dc:55:bd)
I can't figure it out why everything's wrong. I don't know the topology of my net so I can't help with it. Done everything like in WIKI. This IP above is probably router (but not for sure). Any help?

#2 2007-10-02 19:44:21

decaturguy

Re: Can't connect to the internet - students house.

Hi cyprinus! please post your /etc/rc.conf file.

#3 2007-10-02 22:13:28

kazuya

sorry to hijack this thread, but is there a typical working rc.conf file to follow. I have been hounded by this same issue for ever. The beginners wiki guide does well on other parts except as it pertains to the DHCP wired network setup.

I end up typing something like dhcpcd eth0 everytime to get dhcp working.

Solution may be to try this very helpful stuff from the wiki as well:

For DHCP IP
For this, you need the dhcpcd package (usually already available on most installation). Edit /etc/rc.conf like this:

lo="lo 127.0.0.1"
eth0="dhcp"
INTERFACES=(lo eth0)
ROUTES=(!gateway)

I got this from http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Configuring_network -

Here for example should the user add that entire line or just the part where it says:

eth0="dhcp"

To edit you can say nano /etc/rc.conf
Make sure you are root when you do this also.

Opensource; Become a part of it.

#4 2008-05-26 11:31:00

virusso80

Hi all, i'm sorry to reopen this topic, but i should open the same.
When this morning i started my laptop, I found that the same message appeared when connecting to the network. it's the first time that i found this problem, never before!

err, eth0 ARPOP_REPLY received from IPaddress (macaddress)

My rc.conf is correct, no problem before. It's set with dhcp, but i don't know where should be the problem. Anyone can help me please?
Thanks!

Last edited by virusso80 (2008-05-26 11:32:38)

#5 2008-05-26 14:06:14

virusso80

Hi,
waiting for some suggestions i'm trying to solve, but nothing to do.

I booted my laptop without the ethernet wire. When I put the command /etc/rc.d/network restart it gives me the previous message, obviously.

Moreover i noticed that the macaddress the follows the ip address, is not mine. My laptop mac address is different from the one in the error message. What does that mean? Please help!

Thanks

#6 2008-05-26 16:01:39

virusso80

I don't know why, but rebooting with windows it works, then again with arch it works! maybe some problem with network independent on me!

Thanks for all!

#7 2008-05-26 17:15:49

lldmer

If your network works in windows, you could also boot windows, check the networksettings (with ipconfig /all), and use them on Arch. Could work if it's your settings that are wrong. Can this error also be caused by the wrong networkdrivers or something?

For lack of better words: chair, never, toothbrush, really. Ohw, and fish!

#8 2008-05-27 07:32:08

virusso80

lldmer wrote:

If your network works in windows, you could also boot windows, check the networksettings (with ipconfig /all), and use them on Arch. Could work if it's your settings that are wrong. Can this error also be caused by the wrong networkdrivers or something?

thanks for your answer! I found that all my network settings were ok, never this problem came out. Rebooting problem solved, i don't know why, because before rebooting with windows there was the same problem in booting phase (when arch loads network configuration).

Thanks

Board footer