You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-27 15:57:58

sm4tik
Website

Gtk theme colors - messed up in FF3

Hi,

I'm trying to make firefox to behave with the colors from a gtk theme I'm working on but it's been a really frustrating thing. I really can't find a pattern here how or when it's working and when is it not, but it seems to me that with some base[SELECTED] text[SELECTED] combination firefox's address bar is ok, and then again if I change one of the colors even just a bit, firefox inverts the colors (or once in a while it just uses white for the selected text background and base[SELECTED] for the text color?!). Should I just make a run for it and try making a custom userChrome.css with wanted colors, or is there a way to make it work without the need? I really don't like that idea nor would I like to compromise the colors just because of firefox if it's not a must.. Also I can't get the active menu to disply correctly because I've no idea what class or widget_class I should use.

Here's a picture of thunar with colors shown correctly and firefox3 with the thing I'm talking about.

Thunar
gtk_thunar.png

firefox
gtk_ff3.png

It seems to affect only the address bar, in a textbox like the one I'm currently writing on, selected text colors work just fine. Any ideas?!
Sakari

#2 2008-05-27 16:22:18

lessthanjake
Website

Re: Gtk theme colors - messed up in FF3

FF is broken.

Imo not wort it customizing you theme for broken applications. It's like webpages and IE, if it is readable you should be happy smile

EDIT:

The theme looks promissing!! Seems like FF messes up "hover"-padding in the drop-down menu as well.

Last edited by lessthanjake (2008-05-27 16:40:02)

#3 2008-05-27 17:44:15

sm4tik
Website

Re: Gtk theme colors - messed up in FF3

lessthanjake wrote:

FF is broken.

Imo not wort it customizing you theme for broken applications. It's like webpages and IE, if it is readable you should be happy smile

EDIT:

The theme looks promissing!! Seems like FF messes up "hover"-padding in the drop-down menu as well.

One could expect the mozilla group to fix things like that, I tested my theme on FF2 and the address bar acts the same.. but what do I know, and haven't even filed a bug report to them so I'll just keep my mouth shut. Oh well, just have to get used to it until they fix it I gues hmm
Thanks for the comment, and yes, the padding seems to be out of balance as well. Didn't see it until now.

Board footer