You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-28 13:25:44

zenlord
Website

PCManFM + keybinds in openbox?

Hi,

Currently, I'm slimming down my Archlinux-laptop and have chosen openbox, pcmanfm, tint and conky. But if I let PCManFM manage my background, my openbox-keybinds don't work...

Secondly: anyone have a suggestion what to use as a launch-panel? AWN was really good, but since my laptop doesn't do compositing, it would have to be something small (not too CPU-intensive).

Zl.

#2 2008-05-28 13:50:15

janboe

Re: PCManFM + keybinds in openbox?

On my laptop pcmanfm(0.4.4.0) doesn't block anything of openbox's functionalitys.

But maybe i can help with your second problem. You could try wbar, it is very small and simple but still looks quite cool. You can find it (and a gui-config-tool) in the aur.

[pidgin-knotify] Native KDE notifications for pidgin - [series60-remote] Manage your Symbian S60 phone

#3 2008-05-28 13:55:56

moljac024

Do you need pcmanfm to control the background because you use desktop icons ? If not, you can set the wallpaper with nitrogen.

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#4 2008-05-28 16:15:24

droog

zenlord wrote:

Hi,

Currently, I'm slimming down my Archlinux-laptop and have chosen openbox, pcmanfm, tint and conky. But if I let PCManFM manage my background, my openbox-keybinds don't work...

Secondly: anyone have a suggestion what to use as a launch-panel? AWN was really good, but since my laptop doesn't do compositing, it would have to be something small (not too CPU-intensive).

Zl.

I would unchoose pcmanfm and choose thunar or rox for the great volume management in thunar or scripting ability in both that pcmanfm doesnt have.
if you need it for desktop icon thingys then don't know what to say but openbox shouldnt have any problems with a filemanager.

Board footer