You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-29 23:27:36

wintercarver

annoying spellcheck/autocomplete

Hi all,

I did a system upgrade via pacman -Syu recently and all went well, except now I seem to have a system-wide (i.e. happens in firefox, terminal, etc.) auto-complete and spell check issue. I didn't select any changes, but it appears my keyboard input has been slightly altered. Little red swiggles appear under words, which isn't new, but now when i try to keep typing a word that the system thinks is incorrect an optional word correction dropdown box pops up next to the word and forces me to select a usually wrong option for word completion. This also interferes with using PINE, as the usual keyboard shortcuts get garbled. Other symptoms include pressing space bar to 'click' a button (i.e. tab around until a button is highlighted and then tap space bar) no longer works, and I now have to press "cntrl+enter" in gchat to send messages (a problem of epic annoyance).

Sorry for the newbness level here, but I have no idea what has caused this new system to activate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Board footer