You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-02 18:55:51

max.bra

Strange wine behavior, home directory permission change!!

hi all, archers.
i'm an arch user since early 2007 and this is my first post. Since now i've always found every information needed and enjoyed this great distribution.

btw, now i have a strange behavior with last version of wine in extra repository (0.9.61).

situation:
clean wine install, w/o .wine prefix from previous version creation (i always redo prefix creation every new version).

the fact:
after wineprefixcreate, as usual, i execute winecfg for the last personalization and sound interface selection.
fortunately and surprisingly, i notice that my home directory AND my desktop directory have completely screwed up permission. they was set to 777!!! aargh!
my home desktop is not so critical mission big_smile but i think this is not good!!!  lol

after some test, i can say, in this my strange personal experience, that it's winecfg fault. wineprefixcreate don't change any permission. this happen only after the first winecfg execution AND only the first time. following execution of winecfg does not trigger the fault.

googled anywhere but it seems that i'm the only one in the world with this wine strange behavior. Is it true? any else?

a little report of my config:
(multi device are all raid5)
/dev/sda2    ext2     /boot
/dev/md0     ext3    /
/dev/md1     ext3    /home
... other devices in irrelevant mount point.

not so strange rc.conf
untouched /etc/skel
not so strange gnome DE on top of GDM
not so strange any else  big_smile

thanks in advance and good arching

Board footer