You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-31 19:14:06

shidobu

[solved... i think]Package blt 2.4z-3 and omnetpp

Hi, i'm arch user by one year ago, but is my first time posting

I've a problem with this package, it's depend of tk and tk depends of tcl but that two versions are the 8.5 and blt can't manage some functions in some files... here's the makepkg -s output

src/bltConfig.h is unchanged
(cd src; make all)
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/shidobu/Compilados/blt/src/blt2.4z/src'
gcc -c -Wall -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe   -I. -I.  bltAlloc.c
In file included from bltInt.h:80,
                 from bltAlloc.c:1:
bltNsUtil.h:50: error: conflicting types for 'Tcl_FindCommand'
/usr/include/tclDecls.h:3123: error: previous declaration of 'Tcl_FindCommand' was here
bltNsUtil.h:67: error: conflicting types for 'Tcl_CreateNamespace'
/usr/include/tclDecls.h:3068: error: previous declaration of 'Tcl_CreateNamespace' was here
bltNsUtil.h:72: error: conflicting types for 'Tcl_FindNamespace'
/usr/include/tclDecls.h:3116: error: previous declaration of 'Tcl_FindNamespace' was here
bltNsUtil.h:75: error: conflicting types for 'Tcl_Export'
/usr/include/tclDecls.h:3086: error: previous declaration of 'Tcl_Export' was here
make[1]: *** [bltAlloc.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/shidobu/Compilados/blt/src/blt2.4z/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I were researching these errors and in one page i've found that the blt package has been "patched" for compatibility for tk and tcl 8.5... and the vrsion provided by aur only is compatible for tcl and tk 8.4... So, the dependency is wrong.

So, I hope to help solving this conflict and the package mantainer (tolgam) update the package or cleaning it from aur.

PS: Sorry 4 the bad english!!! T_T

Last edited by shidobu (2008-06-04 21:04:35)

#2 2008-06-04 20:42:27

shidobu

Re: [solved... i think]Package blt 2.4z-3 and omnetpp

Well, i've installed blt, but i've finished making a lot of thing because my goal was to install omnetpp...

i've installed the tcl an tk packages version 8.4 form this url http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/download.html

an then downloaded the aur tarball of omnetpp but it i've found many errors during the makepkg -s like "strcmp", "strlen", "atoi", "atol" and "memcpy" not found in some files form the source

to solve these errors i've deleted the md5sum form PKGBUILD to changing the source and add the includes

#include <cstring>
#include <cstdlib>

there was so many bad files... So, if someone need to install this package this is the solution to the lot of errors i've found.

PS: sorry again for the bad english T_T... google translator helps a little smile

Last edited by shidobu (2008-06-04 21:03:25)

Board footer