You are not logged in.

#26 2004-08-04 07:36:54

ganlu

Re: Gnome 2.7 repository

AFAIK, you can install evolution without mozilla by using the -d switch in pacman. When you run evolution, it will find firefox NSS and NSPR, which are in fact the same as the ones from mozilla.

I am using firefox binary nightly build, so that doesn't seem to work. I can just access your repository sometimes, most of time I can't sync my package with it. Could you please post your evolution PKGBUILD here, so I can compile and package it by myself.

#27 2004-08-04 19:29:10

Net@Worm

I add this repo to pacman.conf and did pacman -Syu, but then i do pacman -S gnome, pacman say that all my packages are newest(2.6). Help.

#28 2004-08-04 19:33:23

steveed

@Net@Worm
You have to put these above the other repositories in pacman.conf, at least that is what I did to get it to recognize them first.

#29 2004-08-07 20:18:01

JGC
Developer

The MIME problems should be solved very soon. I found something out:
nautilus looks in $XDG_DATA_DIRS/applications for the mime cache. Nautilus also updates this cache on startup.

$XDG_DATA_DIRS is not set by default in arch, so I updated gnome-common to set it to /usr/share:/opt/gnome/share, or $XDG_DATA_DIRS:/opt/gnome/share if it was set already. also ACLOCAL_FLAGS are updated to let automake use gnome-common macros for gnome-CVS stuff.

Now it's waiting for the applications that implement the new MIME system. I'd like to see some changes in archlinux ($XDG_DATA_DIRS, desktop-file-utils), since KDE already uses the MIME system for about 2 major versions. When including /opt/kde/share in XDG_DATA_DIRS, nautilus opens everything with KDE apps.

#30 2004-08-07 21:19:16

IceRAM
Website

This should be set somewhere in the user profile, shouldn't it?
Do the dirs which are first put in $XDG_DATA_DIRS have priority?
Would it be able to install only the MIME settings for KDE & Gnome in /usr/share & not to have conflicts (and of course everything work fine afterwards)?

I'm asking all of these because it kind of feels like Arch is making the MIME system too distributed through dirs (which is against the fact that Arch wants to keep things simple).

#31 2004-08-07 22:32:39

JGC
Developer

/opt is making things way to complicated, I have to agree about that.

No matter what order I give in XDG_DATA_DIRS, KDE apps keep opening in nautilus, I can't seem to change the order in that.

I think nautilus needs polishing, since KDE has the ability to set those things.

Currently, archlinux has menus, icons, mimetypes and more of that stuff all over the filesystem. KDE doesn't integrate with gnome, gnome doesn't integrate with KDE. I thought the whole freedesktop.org thingy was about integrating all desktop systems in a nice and shiny standard. Now we have to hack around with each change that comes through in things like MIME system or menu system.

#32 2004-08-13 16:29:50

JGC
Developer

Hmm, I think I lost my numeric keypad since the last control-center update. Any other people having this problem?

#33 2004-08-20 22:08:12

JGC
Developer

It was a problem with my KVM switch again, somehow the kernel bugs on it in some situations (console also didn't work, a reboot did wink)

Gnome 2.7 got some updates yesterday, still have to do some of the packages.

I moved evolution 1.5 from the gnome 2.5 repo to the gnome 2.7 repo, because evolution 2.0 comes together with gnome 2.7 when it's out.

I also introduced heimdal kerberos as a dependency to evolution to let it do GSSAPI authentication. This is needed to support the ximian-connector package, which I also want to package in the near future.

I don't think I can finish gnome 2.7 completely, next week is my last week in Holland, then I'm going to Norway for study. I only have internet connection during daytime, which is the time I have to do work instead of shitting around with gnome.

#34 2004-08-21 14:53:50

Lovechild

evolution doesn't run

evolution-1.5: error while loading shared libraries: libplc4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

also it seems that a glib update somehow broke my freeciv cvs, something seems to be corrupting the stack - I'll look into it.

I'm proud to be a a freedomloving infidel piece of treehugging eurotrash.

#35 2004-08-21 16:14:59

JGC
Developer

If evolution doesn't run, epiphany also doesn't run.
Try to find out if "/opt/mozilla/lib/mozilla" is in /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig, if not, please file a bug against mozilla.

#36 2004-08-21 16:24:52

Lovechild

JGC wrote:

If evolution doesn't run, epiphany also doesn't run.
Try to find out if "/opt/mozilla/lib/mozilla" is in /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig, if not, please file a bug against mozilla.

I already figured it out.. the mozilla library was hardcoded in ld.so.conf, so it was looking in all the wrong places, also my experiments with MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME seems to have broken shit all over now (while(true) printf("I will not mess with variables without proper research again");)

#37 2004-08-21 17:21:03

KalephOne

I have never messed up with MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME and epiphany stopped working when I upgraded to g2.7. Oh, I've alread fixed my ld.so.conf (it was pointing to the wrong mozilla dir)

Kaleph
jabber: kaleph@jabber.org

#38 2004-08-21 23:14:10

JGC
Developer

epiphany is b0rked because mozilla should set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME internal, but doesn't do this on archlinux. I already filed a bug against this.

This problem has been discussed on the epiphany mailinglist:

Filed as http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=150358 .
The problem is that up to 1.3.4, the wrapper script set the
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME variable, and in 1.3.5 the wrapper script was removed.
Normally, mozilla should be configured with
--with-default-mozilla-five-home=/path/to/mozilla
but apparently this is not true for all distributions...

As a workaround until this is fixed, you can set the variable from the
shell.

starting epiphany with "MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/opt/mozilla/lib/mozilla epiphany" will launch epiphany.

I don't know if Dale will fix this one soon, as it only breaks future versions of epiphany, not current stable versions. I'll place a fixed mozilla in my repository tomorrow to fix this problem in the meanwhile. This one also fixes the bug that causes evolution not to build with SSL (I have my own set of includes in /opt/mozilla/includes/nss to fix that on the buildsystem)

#39 2004-08-22 00:34:04

Lovechild

it might be worth noting that not compiling Mozilla with that option enabled breaks stuff like Monodevelop as well, as far as causing problems at least.

#40 2004-08-22 13:53:32

JGC
Developer

A fixed mozilla is in the repository, NSS and NSPR packages are in there as well. The next version of evolution will depend on those instead of mozilla.

Board footer