You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-06 10:36:35

F-lexx

Compilation errors

I'm trying to compile AReVi (a 3D VR platform using C++ at its base), but I get multiple errors like this one, when doing "make":

======== ../../src/AReVi/Contrib/arTweaker.o ========
g++ -DAR_VERSION=20070314 -I/home/lexxu/AReVi_2007m03d14/include -W -Wall -Wno-long-long -pedantic -O1 -DNDEBUG -ffast-math -s -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fPIC -rdynamic -D_REENTRANT -I. -I/usr/local/include -c ../../src/AReVi/Contrib/arTweaker.cpp -o ../../src/AReVi/Contrib/arTweaker.o
../../src/AReVi/Contrib/arTweaker.cpp: In member function 'virtual void AReVi::ArTweaker::_buildText()':
../../src/AReVi/Contrib/arTweaker.cpp:610: error: expected type-specifier before 'bad_cast'
../../src/AReVi/Contrib/arTweaker.cpp: In member function 'virtual void AReVi::ArTweaker::_keyboardCB(const AReVi::Renderer3D::KeyboardEvent&)':
../../src/AReVi/Contrib/arTweaker.cpp:716: error: expected type-specifier before 'bad_cast'
make: *** [../../src/AReVi/Contrib/arTweaker.o] Error 1

I've looked in the .cpp file at those 2 lines and they contain the same piece of code:

catch(bad_cast)

Now, the thing that puzzles me is that I've compiled this platform under Debian yesterday with no problems... Does anyone have a clue why it wouldn't work in Arch? (Btw, I've installed the base-devel package in Arch).

#2 2008-06-06 23:56:46

tigrmesh
IRC Op

Re: Compilation errors

What version of gcc were you using in debian?  The latest gcc version (4.3) does have some compile problems.  gcc is one program that Arch repos have more than one version of.  gcc versions 3 and 3.4 are available through pacman.  You might have better luck with an older version.  You might also check the AReVi bug tracker to see if other people are experiencing the same problem.  Maybe someone has posted a workaround.

Also, welcome to Arch!

#3 2008-06-11 07:17:59

F-lexx

Re: Compilation errors

Woo-hoo, thanks for your reply. I've installed and used gcc-3.3 and it worked. Btw, I've been using Arch for several months without any real issue (except for this one, which wasn't Arch-related smile ) and now I've got one more reason to stick to it.

Board footer