You are not logged in.

#26 2004-08-04 19:45:41

IceRAM
Website

Re: [request]: gqcam [error]

Xentac wrote:
IceRAM wrote:

(you just have to remove a kernel param and "pacman -R udev" - there's nothing dangerous about that).

Let's rephrase that to "you just have to remove a kernel param".

I just wanted to make it all like in the begining... removing the param is enough though.

@Cobra
I'm no expert in lilo configs but, have you tried using the same /etc/lilo.conf on both linux distros?
The resulting bootloader (which is put on disc0) should be the same, shouldn't it?

#27 2004-08-04 20:07:05

Cobra

No I work with cascading bootloaders. First it loads the bootloader of disc0. There I can choose Linux mandrake, windows, and archlinux.

The entry for 'archlinux' makes lilo boot the second disc, but that's all it does. It doesn't load kernels or root dirs, it just boots the second disc and lets anything that's on that disc get control over the booting process. Then, lilo of the second disc starts, and after 1 second chooses the default archlinux to boot.

I had to do it this way, because the kernel of disc0 is on disc0, and the kernel of disc1 is on disc1. So if I tried to configure lilo (of disc0) to load archlinux instantly once it is selected, it wouldn't work because lilo of disc0 could find my kernel of disc1.

Complicated story, I know, and even harder to understand because I'm not a native english speaker, but I hope you understand.

#28 2004-08-04 21:02:28

IceRAM
Website

Cobra wrote:

I managed to boot into disc1 with the lilo of disc0.

I had the feeling you managed to get into ArchLinux from the first bootloader because of the above line. Got it wrong though...

Why didn't you use Grub? It does not require rewrites of the booloaders, it only requires changes in the config files.

#29 2004-08-04 21:28:13

Cobra

I didn't want to screw up my first disc since that is the one that's got everything working (including internet connection in case I mess my second disc up).

#30 2004-08-06 16:21:16

Cobra

I also have a TV-tuner and firewire, could this cause problems?
*edit: I unplugged the TV-tuner card but that didn't help.

This is what DMESG says:

usb 4-1: new low speed USB device using address 2
input: USB HID v1.00 Mouse [Logitech] on usb-0000:00:03.2-1
ts: Compaq touchscreen protocol output
usb 4-2: new full speed USB device using address 3
Disabled Privacy Extensions on device c05b68c0(lo)

Is something disabling my webcam?

Board footer