You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-15 10:00:30

drudgery

how to install kdm theme in the kdemod4?

I installed the kdemod4 (kde 4.1 beta) on my archlinux, using kdm4 as the login in manager.
I download a kdm theme from www.kde-look.org, and installed it as following steps:
1. unzip and put the theme folder in /opt/kdemod/share/apps/kdm/themes
2. Edit /opt/kdemod/share/config/kdm/kdmrc:
  Change the line "Theme=/opt/kdemod/share/apps/kdm/themes/the-new-theme-name", and delete the"#" before the line "UseTheme=true"
Then I re-login and some wrong happens :
   kdm can't parse /opt/kdemod/share/apps/kdm/themes/the-new-them-name
Well, in the /opt/kdemod/share/apps/kdm/thems, there is a default theme "circles". And when I chang the line to "Theme=/opt/kdemod/share/apps/kdm/themes/circles", it works well.
And I look at those two themes, and find out a difference:
In the" circles", the background pic is .svg, well in the new theme, the background pic is .jpg.
So can anybody help me?

#2 2008-06-15 10:37:09

Zibi1981

Re: how to install kdm theme in the kdemod4?

Have you tried using kdemod-kdmtheme? Look or ask here for more information.

"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed."

MSI Raider GE78HX 13VI-032PL

#3 2008-06-15 10:57:23

drudgery

Re: how to install kdm theme in the kdemod4?

well, i'm using kdemod4 (kde 4.1 beta), when i want to use kdemod-kdemtheme, i need to install kdemod-base-3.59
what i means is that how can i use kdm theme in the kdemod4, without install kdemod-kdemtheme and kdemod-base-3.5.9

Board footer