You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-16 07:57:46

violagirl23

"Other" forum in Arch Help section

I propose that an Other forum (or something of that nature) be put into the Arch Help section of the forums, because not always does a problem fit into the categories listed in this section. That makes it difficult for the poster to decide where to post his issue, if he cannot even figure out a category it would belong to and does not wish to post in the wrong section. Already on many occasions I have not been able to determine a particular forum my problem would fit into, and I am sure many other users have run into the same issue. I believe that an Other forum would simplify this process.

"You can't just ask to borrow somebody else's lampshade. It's AWKWARD!"

#2 2008-06-16 10:00:57

chimeric
Website

Re: "Other" forum in Arch Help section

I think the best way to go is to post in the "Newbie Corner" if none of the other sub forums fits your question. Posting there doesn't necessarily imply that one is a newbie and it's not bound to a specific topic.

Last edited by chimeric (2008-06-16 10:01:24)

#3 2008-06-16 10:07:34

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

I personally find the "Workstation User" sub-forum quite general (and even the "Newbie Corner", as chimeric points out). If you find that too restrictive, can you bring some examples please?

Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

#4 2008-06-16 19:35:22

violagirl23

Workstation User? Oh, if that is indeed a general forum, then that is not all too bad. I had somehow assumed that it implied one was running Arch on a virtual workstation, and of all the problems that went along with that. I was quite wrong, then?

"You can't just ask to borrow somebody else's lampshade. It's AWKWARD!"

#5 2008-06-16 20:03:03

Sjoden
Website

Yeah, it is more of a general forum, although... virtual workstation software would fall under that I'd imagine.

Workstation User
Post your workstation problems here. Package install and configure, printing and mounting issues, general and productivity apps. Sound and video, check out Multimedia.

-Zack

Board footer