You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-14 23:14:09

Ruckus

No Internet connection.

Well, my hard drive on my server died recently, and so I need to re-install. My problem is that I no longer have internet access at home. I plan to just burn the core cd, install the core, and then install the few packages that i need manually. (Go to each mirror, track the dependencies my self, save all of the packages to a flash drive and install them manually via "pacman -A pckgname". I did it a couple of times before the hard drive died, installing truecrypt. It worked if a little time consuming.

I was wondering if anyone had any simpler solutions to this problem? What I want is a basic install of arch, with only openssh,nfs,samba installed. And really, i could probably skip nfs and just use sshfs.

#2 2008-06-15 13:14:03

ThomasAdam

Re: No Internet connection.

Ruckus wrote:

I was wondering if anyone had any simpler solutions to this problem? What I want is a basic install of arch, with only openssh,nfs,samba installed. And really, i could probably skip nfs and just use sshfs.

Your best bet is to do as you've already said -- just install Arch and manually install those packages yourself.  Given your predicament, I can't think of a simpler solution, other than hosting your own repo prior to your reinstalling which satisfied these dependencies -- is that feasible?

-- Thomas Adam

#3 2008-06-15 21:41:43

Ruckus

ThomasAdam wrote:
Ruckus wrote:

Your best bet is to do as you've already said -- just install Arch and manually install those packages yourself.  Given your predicament, I can't think of a simpler solution, other than hosting your own repo prior to your reinstalling which satisfied these dependencies -- is that feasible?

-- Thomas Adam

Well it would be feasible if this wasn't my server already tongue

After I get my server set up with the way I've outlined above, how hard would it be to download all of the packages  in a repo at once to a flash drive without using pacman? (From a windows machine at work unfortunately). That way i could set up a local lan repo at home for my other 5 computers laying around smile

#4 2008-06-16 04:31:25

tigrmesh
IRC Op

Here's a link to the packages in the i686 core repo:  ftp://mir1.archlinuxfr.org/archlinux/core/os/i686/.  Move up in the directory tree for the x86_64, extra and community packages.

#5 2008-06-18 02:59:29

Ruckus

tigrmesh wrote:

Here's a link to the packages in the i686 core repo:  ftp://mir1.archlinuxfr.org/archlinux/core/os/i686/.  Move up in the directory tree for the x86_64, extra and community packages.

Yeah, but how to download them all at once :S Hmm, I think i remember there being a wget for windows. Maybe that will work.

Board footer