You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-22 23:43:16

moljac024

Firefox update screwed up my bookmarks

I can't understand how this happened. I just did a pacman -Syu and it updated firefox to version 3 but it seems to use an older cache of my bookmarks. This was the state of my bookmarks about a couple of weeks ago, since then I've deleted some and added some new ones. How did this happen ? I feel like I stepped into the twilight zone ....

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#2 2008-06-22 23:59:58

toofishes
Developer
Website

Re: Firefox update screwed up my bookmarks

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks

And from that page:
If bookmarks are missing after upgrading to Firefox 3 and you have switched back and forth between Firefox 3 and Firefox 2 in the past, see Lost bookmarks after Firefox 3 upgrade.

#3 2008-06-23 00:15:50

skottish
Forum Fellow

moljac024 wrote:

I can't understand how this happened. I just did a pacman -Syu and it updated firefox to version 3 but it seems to use an older cache of my bookmarks. This was the state of my bookmarks about a couple of weeks ago, since then I've deleted some and added some new ones. How did this happen ? I feel like I stepped into the twilight zone ....

Firefox3 rc2 stopped actually updating my bookmarks. I would change something, it would be there, close the browser, reopen it, and the other bookmarks would be back. It didn't do this before so I'm wondering if some update caused the problem. What I ended up doing was exporting my bookmarks, building Firefox3 final, then importing them again. It works as expected now.

#4 2008-06-23 09:20:19

moljac024

I can't import bookmarks. I've found a copy of the ones I want in .html format and importing does nothing. How should I import this ?

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#5 2008-06-23 09:52:41

Ramses de Norre

moljac024 wrote:

I can't import bookmarks. I've found a copy of the ones I want in .html format and importing does nothing. How should I import this ?

Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > Import and Backup (button on top) > Import HTML

It seems like that function should do what you're looking for..

Board footer