You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-24 18:37:53

ould

odd dual display question

Hi everyone,

I have recently setup my home server using Arch Linux. This machine sits in a closet in my home theatre room. Currently it is operating as mainly a file server, media server, torrent/newsgroup downloader, etc. As well as a mythtv frontend/backend mainly just a backend at the moment which leads me to my question. I have a small 15" LCD hooked up to the vga port which I use for troubleshooting and testing purposes. For most thing I use SSH. I am using an Nvidia 6600 card. I also have the TV-Out hooked up using Component which is hooked to my projector. Ideally I would like to have either Myth Frontend or the new XBMC for linux output to the projector and controlled by a remote. But I would also like to still have the little LCD monitor to be able to work at the same time, likely just for console access(i.e. TTY). Like if I have a freeze up on the projector I can go in the closet and kill something and restart, that type of idea. Currently I can only seem to have one or the other working. I really only want X to be displayed on the projector(it doesn't like TTY mode at all, in fact it locked up the projector completely), no need for X on the LCD except maybe just to test something out when I don't want to fire up the projector. Does this make any sense? Is it possible? I am currently using Gnome if it matters but I am open to options, i.e. *box or XFCE.

Thanks,

Kevin

Last edited by ould (2008-06-24 18:38:36)

Board footer