You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-27 03:18:10

Statix

xvkbd and btnx. Sending mouse events to wine programs!

So this is driving me slightly crazy.

Right now I'm using ventrilo and ventriloctrl. Ventriloctrl reads directly from the keyboard to send key input into ventrilo when ventrilo is not in focus. It works great, except I want to use mouse input as well.

So I came up with the idea to bind a mouse button to a key that ventriloctrl will read with btnx. The problem is, ventriloctrl won't read that key. (I'm guessing because it is reading directly from the keyboard instead of what X is sending it or something.)

So I was looking into alternate means of sending key input to Ventrilo. xvkbd seems to be my best bet, since it has the ability to send to window focus. If I could get xvkbd to send the input properly I could simply set up btnx to do the xvkbd command. (It's worth noting that if I run xvkbd as gui and target my ventrilo window with focus it works great.)

So, using xvkbd, I have two questions:

1) The -window option is NOT working for me. I can get it to grab pidgin, my terminal, etc., but not Ventrilo. I'm guessing because Ventrilo is running off of wine and all. Is there some way I can export the window ID or something when I start ventrilo so that I can send it to xvkbd, or just some way the -window command can find my ventrilo window?

2) Will -xsendevent work properly when the button is held down? I need the sent key event to keep sending as long as my key is held down. It works great as held down in the GUI, but how can I do this in console with my mouse button?

Damn, this is getting complicated.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Statix (2008-06-27 03:25:42)

Madly in love with Arch64, Openbox, DotA, and of course... penguins!
Happy to help if you're not a Help Vampire. Use your wonderful resources like ArchWiki, Google, and our wonderful search page.

Board footer