You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-26 17:45:45

Cyrusm

printk: 1 message suppressed

I'm posting here because google doesn't seem to have the answer,
also many other people seem to have had this problem, but I can't seem to find anyone who has fixed it.
The problem lies in the fact that my /var/log/messages.log file keeps getting flooded by "printk: 1 message suppressed"  messages every 5 sec-1 min.
It started about 2 weeks ago, and may have to do with the fact that I've moved and am now connected to a different wireless network (that's just a guess.  it could be several other things)
at my last apartment I was connected to a wireless G router with WEP encryption, now I'm connected to a wireless N router with WPA2 encryption.

any ideas on how to fix this problem?  it's rather frustrating, since I use this log frequently for various tasks and troubleshooting, and these messages are kind of getting in the way of that.
thanks in advance for any help, and feel free to ask for more specific information. I'm in the dark here.

Hofstadter's Law:
           It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

#2 2008-06-27 17:08:11

Cyrusm

Re: printk: 1 message suppressed

I may have found a way to solve my own problem, I'll post this as solved tonight if no more printk messages get supressed.

I tried the following commands (as root of course):
#echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk_ratelimit_burst
#echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk_ratelimit

I haven't had any problems for 10 minutes now, so we'll see what happens.

cyrusm

Hofstadter's Law:
           It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

#3 2008-06-27 18:03:18

Cyrusm

Re: printk: 1 message suppressed

still getting messages supressed.  problem not solved.  lame.
Does anyone have any insight????

Hofstadter's Law:

Board footer