You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-22 19:58:13

fflarex

theming a non-KDE desktop with qtcurve...

I'm trying to theme my openbox desktop using qtcurve across both gtk and qt applications. As soon as I'm done configuring all of it, I will be getting rid of KDE, but there's just one thing I can't figure out. Where are the color settings kept? Does qtcurve just read the KDE color settings or is it kept somewhere else too? I ask because I want to be able to backup the theme data so that I can restore it sometime later without installing KDE again.

#2 2008-06-24 07:34:38

nwo

Re: theming a non-KDE desktop with qtcurve...

For qt3 you can use /path/to/qt3/qtconfig. It is located somewhere in /opt/kde as far as I remember.
For qt4 just type qtconfig
Gtk themes are automatically changed accoring to qt3 settings, I guess

#3 2008-06-24 08:55:17

JeremyTheWicked

nwo wrote:

Gtk themes are automatically changed accoring to qt3 settings, I guess

I don't think they do. Unless you have the gtk-qt-engine installed and turned on.

arch(3) adj amused because you think you understand something better than other people ;P

#4 2008-06-24 09:27:17

moljac024

If you use qtcurve as the style in GTK it changes according to qtcurve settings, which are defined in qt settings. Right ?

Last edited by moljac024 (2008-06-24 09:27:36)

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#5 2008-06-25 05:59:50

nwo

Right, I have qtcurve for gtk and the settings are taken from qtconfig

#6 2008-06-25 09:02:13

moljac024

While we're on this topic, is there any way to change the color of the scrollbar in qtcurve ? Or anything else for that matter ? I've tried messing with it under kcontrol but it was too confusing for me.....

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#7 2008-06-25 23:00:28

dunc

moljac024 wrote:

While we're on this topic, is there any way to change the color of the scrollbar in qtcurve ? Or anything else for that matter ? I've tried messing with it under kcontrol but it was too confusing for me.....

Yep. In the Style kcontrol module, there should be a "Configure..." button next to the style selection. (Forgive me if I'm getting too basic here, but it's always better to assume too little knowledge than too much. smile ) In the QtCurve configuration window, under "Sliders and Scrollbars", there's a "Coloration" option. Try "Custom", and you can have them any colour you like. You can't alter them independently of the sliders, though.

Most other elements take their colour from the kcontrol "Colors" module - buttons, for example - but checkboxes and radio buttons (again, grouped together) and menu bars (but not toolbars) can be done the same way as sliders and scrollbars. Presumably this is because the "Colors" module doesn't have separate settings for those.

0 Ok, 0:1

#8 2008-06-25 23:22:01

moljac024

Ok, I've managed to define a different color for scrollbars but I can't find how to do it for progressbars...damn, kcontrol was always confusing for me.....

#9 2008-06-28 00:21:13

dunc

Yeah, progress bars always take the "selected background" colour, I'm afraid. You can change the shading with custom gradients in the latest version, but that's about it.

0 Ok, 0:1

Board footer