You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-28 22:55:08

JazzDan
Website

[SOLVED]No Sound with ALSA - Intel Corporation 82801G HD Audio

Hey all,

I've succesfully installed Arch Linux. My past two attempts have met with failure, all because of my own failure to read and follow directions correctly. This time everything is installed correctly. I am running Kdemod3 on my laptop with Arch and everything works great. I LOVE Pacman and the simplicity of Arch's configuration files. It's super fast and all together simple. My only remaining problem is this:

My sound with ALSA is not functioning. I followed the installation instructions at the arch wiki and after unmuting all of my channels I still would not get any sound. My sound module is snd_hda_intel and it is detected, loaded and the whole nine yards (as far as I can tell). My user is a member of the 'audio' user group also. I looked at the troubleshooting tips on the bottom of the Wiki but decided not to try them as they do not seem to pertain to my card (snd_hda_intel) but I will try them if anyone would like me to.

If anyone has any ideas, they'd be greatly appreciated!:D Anything I can provide that you need I will be more than willing to provide.

Thanks for such a great distribution,
Dan

Last edited by JazzDan (2008-06-29 05:06:35)

#2 2008-06-29 05:04:42

JazzDan
Website

Re: [SOLVED]No Sound with ALSA - Intel Corporation 82801G HD Audio

Problem resolved. I ran alsaconf, selected my soundcard, and everything was working from there out. Thanks MisfitI38 on the IRC!!!

Board footer