You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-12 05:43:02

peque

Yakuake error - can not start in Gnomeied that out.

Hey Forum.

I have run into a problem with my Arch install. Normally I run Yakuake on Ubuntu earliere - and have now changed to Archg also on my work PC - But began to like GNOME better than KDE - so I'm tryin to set my machine up as I want it - but missing the yakuake part:

I have installeded yakuake and kdelibs - which is says it's needed - but getting this error:

kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mplayer.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/x-avi'
kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/usr/share/applications/mplayer.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/x-fli'
Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
DCOP aborting (delayed) call from 'anonymous-7875' to 'yakuake'
ERROR: Communication problem with yakuake, it probably crashed.
[root@inux pbj]# KCrash: Application 'yakuake' crashing...
Could not find 'drkonqi' executable.
KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.

Does anyone know about this problem or can tell me what to do to solved this problem???

Thanks

Last edited by peque (2008-02-12 05:45:20)

Just getting better .... All the time

#2 2008-02-12 12:34:59

moljac024

Re: Yakuake error - can not start in Gnomeied that out.

Try terminal.....it's similar to yakuake but it's written for GNOME.

Are you trying to run it as root ?

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#3 2008-07-02 19:01:53

Factory

Re: Yakuake error - can not start in Gnomeied that out.

Should the official PKGBUILD be changed so that it depends on kdebase? Or is it something that kdebase provides?

Board footer