You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-04 17:23:35

AntonPetts

ALSA can't find soundcard

Well, I reinstalled today due to previous sound issues. And alsa was working fine until I really messed up while trying to get surround sound working. Without thinking I tried to do it the same way one would do it on ubuntu, i.e. putting

options snd-hda-intel model=3stack-6ch

in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base. However, it obviously didn't work and instead broke my alsa setup.

Trying to run alsaconf it detects the soundcard in the first step but at the end it outputs:

Loading driver...
:: Saving ALSA Levels                                                    [BUSY] /usr/sbin/alsactl: save_state:1497: No soundcards found...
                                                                         [FAIL] 
:: Restoring ALSA Levels                                                 [BUSY] /usr/sbin/alsactl: load_state:1573: No soundcards found...

[FAIL]

EDIT: I reinstalled again and got rid of the error, now if I could just get 5:1 sound running...

Last edited by AntonPetts (2008-07-04 23:20:09)

#2 2008-07-05 16:15:58

sph
Website

Re: ALSA can't find soundcard

AntonPetts wrote:

Well, I reinstalled today due to previous sound issues. And alsa was working fine until I really messed up while trying to get surround sound working. Without thinking I tried to do it the same way one would do it on ubuntu, i.e. putting

in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base. However, it obviously didn't work and instead broke my alsa setup.

The above mentioned option belongs into /etc/modprobe.conf.

#3 2008-07-05 16:26:21

AntonPetts

Re: ALSA can't find soundcard

sph wrote:
AntonPetts wrote:

The above mentioned option belongs into /etc/modprobe.conf.

And that worked perfect! Thanks

Board footer