You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-04 23:04:56

ninjaprawn

[solved]cant get eterm 'perfect'

hi,

im trying to get my eterm to be perfect. and it almost is!! when i run it with borders, it is exactly what i want, except it has borders! it remembers its position and dimentions, and is completly transparant! but when i run it with -x (borderles) its dimensions shrink every time it is opened!

any ideas how to get it to stay the same size??

Last edited by ninjaprawn (2010-02-19 17:09:52)

2007 - Started using Arch Linux as my only/main OS
- Samsung Series 3, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz - 8Gb DDR3 ram - 700Gb HDD
On board intel Graphics & Sound

#2 2008-07-05 22:22:44

josomebody

Re: [solved]cant get eterm 'perfect'

I would guess it's remembering the size and assuming that size is /with/ borders whether it is or not, and chopping off the width of the borders when you run it borderless. Try running it with borders, get the app inside the borders the size you want (like if you wanted a full-screen borderless terminal, expand it til all the borders are off the screen), and set it to remember that, and try restarting it without borders. If it's where you want it, don't remember the size again, and whatever window manager you're using might just permanently remember the last setting. Haven't tried it lately, but it seems like it would work.

: () { : | :& } ;:

#3 2008-07-07 22:33:19

ninjaprawn

Re: [solved]cant get eterm 'perfect'

brilliant, thanks! i use fluxbox which i had set to remember its size! and was doing.....

it's remembering the size and assuming that size is /with/ borders whether it is or not, and chopping off the width of the borders when you run it borderless

i stopped it remembering the size through fluxbox, and changed eterm's default settings to start at the size i want!!

thanks

2007 - Started using Arch Linux as my only/main OS
- Samsung Series 3, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz - 8Gb DDR3 ram - 700Gb HDD
On board intel Graphics & Sound

Board footer