You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-05 23:50:47

faelar
Website

Would like to help with the translation but...

I have a few questions about how the wiki works, I wasn't able to find information so please, excuse me if I missed it...

First, the title of translated pages. Does it have to be translated itself ? Or should I keep the English name and add _(Something) at the end ?

I worked on the main page, but many links refer to non-translated pages. Should I submit it, with (en) at the end of each link or should I wait for ended translated them too ? I think the first solution enlight the fact that many pages are not translated and could lead people to start doing it...

Do you think a page named Wiki_Translation (or something like that) could be created ? Don't know if there is enought things to write about it but such a page will be easy to find for anyone who hopes to help in improving the wiki smile

#2 2008-07-07 12:57:16

tlaloc

Re: Would like to help with the translation but...

There is already this page:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arc … _(English)
which answers most of your questions.
Good luck.:)

#3 2008-07-08 17:05:24

faelar
Website

Re: Would like to help with the translation but...

Pfiou, lots of work to do...
French documentation is full of holes, so I started with the most important part, the beginner's guide.
here

French :
Si il y a des francophones qui souhaitent m'aider ils sont les bienvenus. Pour l'instant je fait de la traduction rapide, donc il reste des fautes. Je colle au texte d'origine le plus possible, les tournures employées sont parfois étranges. Donc même les mauvais élèves en Anglais peuvent apporter quelque chose au Wiki smile

Thank you for the link tlaloc, I missed some points because I was believing the end of the page only talks about the wiki syntax.

Last edited by faelar (2008-07-08 17:06:09)

Board footer