You are not logged in.

#26 2008-07-10 22:30:16

ekerazha

Re: (Resolved) freetype2-2.3.7 gtk font issues

Leigh wrote:

Using cairo-lcd and libxft-lcd still makes a big difference for me. I did take JGC's advice and kept fontconfig from extra, downloaded the 10-lcdfilter.conf file  from the fontconfig-lcd file list in aur, adding it to /etc/fonts/conf.avail and symlinking it to /etc/fonts/conf.d/

Then I changed the depends in the cairo-lcd pkgbuild from 'fontconfig-lcd>=2.6.0' to 'fontconfig'. Had no issues building and installing cairo-lcd.

Edit...
hmmm, alittle confused now. I just noticed the cairo-lcd pkgbuild in aur was updated, and now has 'fontconfig-lcd>=2.6.0' and 'fontconfig>=2.6.0' in depends.

Yes... the new fontconfig-lcd package just add that config file and it depends on fontconfig... however I've explicitly specified both packages (I could only specify fontconfig-lcd because it has fontconfig as dependency) to make clear the new fontconfig-lcd package doesn't replace the fontconfig package but it complements the fontconfig 2.6.0 package. If you want you can just remove the "fontconfig-lcd" dependency from cairo-lcd and manually configure the filter (as you've already done). The new fontconfig-lcd package just "auto-configures" the filter.

Last edited by ekerazha (2008-07-10 22:33:45)

#27 2008-07-10 22:45:46

brebs

ekerazha wrote:
brebs wrote:
ekerazha wrote:

Ubuntu bugged patches.

Where's your bug reports? Sounds like a troll to me.

I'm using Ubuntu-ish patches, but it's good to see that Ubuntu's pioneer work is making its way into the main packages.

Sounds like you have a short memory: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=46510

One mis-naming, which doesn't make any difference because the value is still the same. Yup, a troll.

#28 2008-07-10 22:47:00

Leigh

Thanks for clarifing. I wish I had read this before adding to the aur cairo-lcd comments.

-- archlinux 是一个极好的 linux

#29 2008-07-10 22:59:17

ekerazha

brebs wrote:
ekerazha wrote:
brebs wrote:

Where's your bug reports? Sounds like a troll to me.

I'm using Ubuntu-ish patches, but it's good to see that Ubuntu's pioneer work is making its way into the main packages.

Sounds like you have a short memory: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=46510

One mis-naming, which doesn't make any difference because the value is still the same. Yup, a troll.

I already know what I explained and taught to you on that thread wink And your reading still is incomplete... and tomorrow that constant values could change...

Now... we are on the Arch Linux forum, so go playing elsewhere with your bugged Ubuntu packages ported to Fedora and please stop snivelling and bothering me.

Board footer