I'm thinking of putting in an order for some high quality domed case badges to sell alongside the other Arch Schwag. I can't link this into the Zazzle shop, so you'd be paying me directly via paypal. So before I invest some of the schwag earnings in this venture, I was hoping for some feedback. So, here's a survey:
1) Would you be interested in purchasing case badges direct from me?
2) Do you prefer the shiny bubble domed badges or the flat ones?
3) Silver background or white?
4) Is $2.50 USD + shipping too much for one badge?
1. Maybe. I do like the idea though.
2. If I bougt one I'd want it flat, fit my laptop better.
4. Doesn't sound too bad. I mean, it is for a profit, to support Arch. I think it is very reasonable. Shipping should be a standard envelope, 1, maybe two stamps, correct?
1) Definitely interested in a case badge.
2) Not sure what bubbly-vs-flat is. I tend to prefer things (especially decorations) to be as simple as possible, so I'd probably opt for flat.
4) Sounds reasonable. One stamp via snail mail should cover it.
I'd probably order two.
1 yes yes and yes
4 its ok
In Life or Death no one Shall have what is Black Jack Lee's
windoze: "for people that can't spell windows"
3) Don't care
4) its ok
What is a badge supposed to be?
There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums. That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)
Hm arch linux case badges I would like some with the new logo !
4) ok, maybe cheaper for more, like 3 for 5 dollar or something like that
3) don't care
4) It's ok, but how expensive could be shipping to Poland?
Shipping would be lettermail from Canada, so 52 cents up here, about a dollar to the US, and I think about $1.50 to other international destinations, but I would have to double check that. The CAD is approximately equal to the USD, for comparison.
Do you have some pictures of what they would look like?
2) Hmm... picture?
3) white, I guess. picture?:P
4) $ 4,- for a badge (to Europe), seems expensive. But hey, the OS is free:P
For lack of better words: chair, never, toothbrush, really. Ohw, and fish!
I don't have pictures of what our logo would look like on a badge, but these are the two sites I am thinking of ordering from; they all have samples:
The second is cheaper, but it only has domed badges, and the preference (including mine) seems to be for the more modern flat ones.
If anyone wants to do something similar in Europe, (Daniel is looking at selling shirts, so maybe could add these as well?), there are a couple other sites:
The last one claims free shipping, I'm trying to find out if that applies to Canada as well. I intend to only order one type for now, probably in a batch of 50, but if sales go well I'll try some alternatives in the future.
@Dusty: if you settle on someone with free shipping but only to the US of A, you could ship them to me and I could send them to people as requests (and money) come in to you. That wouldn't present a hassle for me.
The suggestion box only accepts patches.
2) domed for desktops flat for laptops
3) either or
4) ehh not too bad but any higher would be pushing it.
It'd be cool to put one on a laptop... right on top of the windows vista stiker
Last edited by tadada (2008-07-12 02:09:22)
1) Yes I would. More than one!
2) Flat for the laptop.
3) White background, but that depends a lot on the design, silver could fit better.
4) Sounds reasonable (Portugal)
I really like the idea. I haven't bought from zazzle yet because they don't accept paypal, so buying from you would be awesome.
Dammit, haven't been here in a while. Still rocking Arch.
3) white (for the purist Arch)
4) 4/5 for £5.00 would be acceptable, but I don't do PayPal
Registered GNU/Linux user #140607.
1. Definately yes; I'd probably buy three or four
4. sounds fine
2. any of them