You are not logged in.

#1 2004-08-15 18:07:38

DanGray

Problems compiling C++ programs..

Hi,
I'm having real problems compiling some C++ programs - i've tried Stellarium (Sky maps) and Hugin (Panorama software) and both fail with various errors.

I won't post the full error logs here yet, because there's probably no need, but both the programs seem to use alot of .hxx files and complain about many undeclared variables.

Anyone have any ideas what package i've missed?

Thanks
    Dan

#2 2004-08-15 18:57:29

lanrat

Re: Problems compiling C++ programs..

DanGray wrote:

I won't post the full error logs here yet, because there's probably no need, but both the programs seem to use alot of .hxx files and complain about many undeclared variables.

Not without errors, I think (if you are really missing some files they should be easly found with locate and pacman -Qo if necessary but I don't know what to look for). And are they only warnings or really errors (causing make to exit)? Some programs just don't want to compile with newest gcc/glibc and require a lot of author's work.

#3 2004-08-15 20:34:37

dp
Website

DanGray wrote:

Hi,
I'm having real problems compiling some C++ programs - i've tried Stellarium (Sky maps) and Hugin (Panorama software) and both fail with various errors.

Thanks
    Dan

stellarium 0.6.0 (i maintain it), has different trouble with the newest libs on arch - the older one is in extra, if you want to use it --- i'm working on 0.6.0, but it's a pain cleaning the mess, and at the moment, i have to learn for the uni a lot, so such boring things, i do not do at the moment

if someone provides me a patch for stellarium to compile for arch, it would be nice :-)

hugin i dont know/use, sorry

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#4 2004-08-16 05:39:05

sarah31
Website

looks like a gcc issue on stellarium. looking at some ebuilds out there there is nothing really special needed to build it.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#5 2004-08-16 07:20:50

dp
Website

sarah31 wrote:

looks like a gcc issue on stellarium. looking at some ebuilds out there there is nothing really special needed to build it.

gcc or sdl or something else, yes

as you said, gentoo builds it from vanilla:
http://www.gentoo-portage.com/ebuild_do … 6.0.ebuild

and i'm lost  sad ... hope the 0.6.1 will be better :-)

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

Board footer