You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-12 03:25:13

acura

rfcomm serial recieve issue.

I have a problem that I can't sort out with bluetooth serial communication. When i setup a serial communication to my mobilephone it seems like it becomes lika an one way communication because I don't get any response of the data sent.

In hcid.conf I've setup at passkey my phone should know of. The serial is setup like this:
rfcomm bind bdaddr 1
passkey-agent --default 1234
minicom -m -s # Here I setup minicom to connect to /dev/rfcomm0 9600 8N1

When typing anything in minicom every keystroke gets recorded, this I can see in hcidump, and rfcomm says that rfcomm0 is connected. But I don't get any response from the phone, AT does'nt return OK, and no other commands gives any action. One thing that tell against that the data reaces the phone in a proper way is that ATDT 555-1234 does'nt make the phone dial up 555-1234.

Setting up a serial port via bluetooth in windows and using hyperterminal works just fine so it seems like the promblem has to do with how the serial is setup, maybe something like bluez is missing the serial profile or similar.

Edit: Every thing is runned as root.

Last edited by acura (2008-07-12 03:25:55)

#2 2008-07-12 08:46:49

sevenfourk

Re: rfcomm serial recieve issue.

Well, if you want to use rfcomm0, you should create

rfcomm bind 0 address 1

I see you using minicom for internet connection, well i don't know this app. I use ppp. Arch wiki has some articles about ppp configuration. Or just use dialer. I think that's just perfect http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Blu … GPRS_Howto

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.

#3 2008-07-13 17:36:35

acura

Re: rfcomm serial recieve issue.

I've found out what the problem was.
I was trying to setup a serial port throug channel 1 when the channel to be used for bluetooth serial port is channel 3.
Which channel to use for which service I found by using sdptool browse.

Board footer