You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-15 16:12:16

lord_zlayer

winecfg wont save audio settings

Hi there!

Im sorry if this has been posted but I havent found any and I have searched.

Ok I have a problem with the winecfg. Winecfg saves all settings I make to each application I add to the list execpt when I edit the audio tab.
If I change anyting in there it changes for all apps and i cant understand why.
Im gonna take an exampel.

I have the global setting that I want in ALSA with Full acceleration so I set it.

I have added Diablo 2 and mark it, change the tab to audio and choose EMULATED acceleration and click apply then exit.

No I start winecfg again to check the settings in audio. When I check Diablo 2 it is on EMULATED and when I mark the global setting and check the audio tab the sound has change to emulated there too, d*mn I did set the global to FULL.

So somehow the audio tab changes do apply to all program. It doesnt mather if it is diablo or any other app I change, the audio is equal to all. For me this is a problem cuz when the sound in Diablo 2 is EMULATED ALSA works perfect, then I also whant Ventrilo to work and the recording doesnt work if the sound isnt set to FULL so I really need to set them different but I cant cuz winecfg refuses.

Is there anyone who can help me I would be very grateful Smile
Thanks in advance!

#2 2008-07-15 16:47:41

lord_zlayer

Re: winecfg wont save audio settings

Ok I managed to partly solve the problem.
I opened up "wine regedit" and clicked HKE_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Wine -> AppDefaults and there I had the "Diablo 2.exe" and "Ventrilo.exe".
And under diablo 2 there was a key named "DirectSound" and it had another key "HardwareAcceleration" set to "Emulated" so i created the same key under
"Ventrilo.exe" and changed it from "Emulated" to "Full" so finally these programs ran with their own hardware acceleration big_smile
Something is really wierd with winecfg cuz its still shows that the programs runs with the same hardware acceleration.

Even if I have it set to what I want I still whant winecfg to work properly cuz it is much easier to make changes there than in the regedit.

#3 2008-07-15 16:53:12

kclive18

Re: winecfg wont save audio settings

The Windows registry, whether in Wine or in a native install, is VERY finicky.  I tend to stick with *nix-compatible stuff as much as possible and avoid having to use Windows (I only use it in a VM so I can run Autodesk Inventor for my engineering hw <_< ).

This is a page on the Wine Wiki that may be of some help to you:

http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys

My Rigs:
- Mid-2007 iMac 20", Intel 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 2x1GB DDR2-800, 250GB SATA HDD, and...MIGHTY MOUSE!!! tongue, OSX 10.5 Leopard, ATI Radeon 2400XT 128MB
- HP zv6203cl, AMD Athlon 64 3200 S939, 2x512MB DDR400, 80GB 4200rpm HDD, ATI Radeon Xpress 200M 128MB, Arch i686 cool
- 1986 Gibson SG Junior Cherry Red, Ibanez 15W amp, DigiTech RP250 modeling processor

Board footer