You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-15 22:01:37

Gullible Jones

OBGnome with nautilus in the background

I'm running OBGnome and would like to have Nautilus running in the background to manage automounting. The Openbox wiki has this to say on the subject:

If you do want icons from Nautilus on your desktop, you should disable the menu Openbox shows when you right-click on the desktop. Other desktop programs don't have this problem, but with Nautilus you won't be able to access its right-click menu unless you disable Openbox's (or use Shift-Right Click to access the Nautilus menu). In the default configuration rc.xml file, remove the following section (in the "Root" mouse-binding context):

<mousebind button="Right" action="Press">
      <action name="ShowMenu"><menu>root-menu</menu></action>
    </mousebind>

Also, file a bug report for Nautilus so you won't have to do this in the future.

I'd like to have the Openbox menu show on right-click, but unlike the wiki says, the Nautilus menu shows instead. How do I make Nautilus do its desktop thing without intercepting right-clicks meant for Openbox?

#2 2008-07-15 22:23:31

moljac024

Re: OBGnome with nautilus in the background

As I understand it, nautilus sets its background by drawing over the root window. So, instead of the "root" area, you should define your clicks for the "desktop" area.

That is:

<context name="Desktop">

<mousebind button="Right" action="Press">
      <action name="ShowMenu">
          <menu>root-menu</menu>
      </action>
</mousebind>

</context>

Last edited by moljac024 (2008-07-15 22:29:22)

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#3 2008-07-15 23:18:21

Gullible Jones

Re: OBGnome with nautilus in the background

Thanks, that works.

Board footer