You are not logged in.

#1 2003-06-09 11:51:27

Bobonov

Package extra files

I tried to look a the documentation but I did not find a clear answer.
I made a new pop3 package, I made also an rc script that start the deamon that is compliant to arch linux standard.
I included the file in the package trought the PKGBUILD by having the file in the local directory of the package and copyng it under pkg/etc/mail
But whats going on when somebody decide to recompile it by makepkg?
Where is makepkg going to take the rc script?
It is not very clear to me how to include in the package extra files and having them retrived by the makepkg.

#2 2003-06-09 19:30:02

orelien
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Package extra files

All extra files (patches, daemons scripts, ...) have to be added to the source field of your PKGBUILD.
If you want someone to be able to recompile your package, you have to provide the PKGBUILD file and all the extra files declared in the source field.

Have a look at /usr/abs: there are several examples of PKGBUILD with extra files.

#3 2003-06-10 14:24:57

Bobonov

In the PKGBUILD file the extras are liste in the source=('.......') field without the http/ftp site, does this mean that they are downloaded from the Archlinux cvs server?
When you run abs it create the tree of all the application and in some of the dir there are these extra files. So they are automatically downloaded with the PKGBUILD?

#4 2003-06-10 15:33:53

orelien
Forum Fellow
Website

Bonobov wrote:

In the PKGBUILD file the extras are liste in the source=('.......') field without the http/ftp site, does this mean that they are downloaded from the Archlinux cvs server?

makepkg does not download anything from arch server (it is the task of abs).
makepkg only looks for source files in the local directory (in $startdir and, if no there, in /var/cache/pacman/src.).
If the filename is an url, and if it can't be found in $startdir or in the cache, makepkg tries to download it.

Bonobov wrote:

I included the file in the package trought the PKGBUILD by having the file in the local directory of the package and copyng it under pkg/etc/mail
But whats going on when somebody decide to recompile it by makepkg?

If your package is added to arch trees, the PKGBUILD and all extra files are stored on the server, so that abs will be able to retrieve them.

Hope it's clearer wink

Board footer