You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-18 20:24:44

Dheart

Multimedia keys trouble

Well I have a play/pause key but the most suitable binding for that key I found in /usr/share/X11/XKeysymDB was a XF86AudioPlay.
Bindings work in mplayer, however the play key only plays, it doesn't pause. how can I change that so that it has a playpause function?
Also multimedia keys don't work in sonata, but I suppose that's just a bug in sonata.
p.p I'm using kde.

My victim you are meant to be
No, you cannot hide nor flee
You know what I'm looking for
Pleasure your torture, I will endure...

#2 2008-07-19 10:11:49

dyscoria

Re: Multimedia keys trouble

XF86AudioPlay works as a play/pause for me in other programs so I think it's probably a bug in mplayer.

flack 2.0.6: menu-driven BASH script to easily tag FLAC files (AUR)
knock-once 1.2: BASH script to easily create/send one-time sequences for knockd (forum/AUR)

#3 2008-07-19 10:30:35

Procyon

Maybe you can rebind it in ~/.mplayer/input.conf
If not, try to change it with xev and xmodmap to an F13+ key. That can surely be bound in ~/.mplayer/input.conf

#4 2008-07-19 12:53:07

Dheart

mplayer's input.conf... never worked for me. For example I can't unbind m not to be mute shortcut, and I can't bind anything that has been binded by mplayer (all controls that basicly work) The only thing I can do is bind unbinded keys to new functions and as my multimedia keys are already binded it can't work. (When I try to bind m as pause it countinues to serve as mute. However I can bind some unused key like i to anything I want)

My victim you are meant to be
No, you cannot hide nor flee
You know what I'm looking for
Pleasure your torture, I will endure...

#5 2008-07-20 09:35:49

UnbreakableMJ
Website

Dheart wrote:

Well I have a play/pause key but the most suitable binding for that key I found in /usr/share/X11/XKeysymDB was a XF86AudioPlay.
Bindings work in mplayer, however the play key only plays, it doesn't pause. how can I change that so that it has a playpause function?
Also multimedia keys don't work in sonata, but I suppose that's just a bug in sonata.
p.p I'm using kde.

Greetings Dheart,

Since you use KDE, then I can suggest using on or more of the following:
smplayer
kplayer
or vlc-nightly

I use the XF86AudioPlay binding too for my play/pause button, like you. Pick one software, change its shortcut settings in 10seconds and you will be able to play and pause with that button exactly how you expect it to behave.

Hope that helps.

~Muhammad

Board footer