You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-18 08:12:12

zandaa
Website

OSS + mixer volume

Hello folks, started using Arch a few days ago, must say I'm really impressed by the ease of use and stability I've gotten to know.

I installed OSS 4.0 instead of ALSA because OSS carries beta drivers for the X-Fi series of cards which I shamefully have, so far the playback is running well, I can't have multiple programs accessing the device however, but that's for another time.

What I really want to know is how I can have the volume control in XFCE to regulate the volume for the card. In the terminal I can use 'ossmix play <no>' to change the volume of the card, ranging from 0 - 14.

I need to know this because changing the volume and balance in XMMS does not change a thing.

Thanks in advance,

Zandaa

With my army of penguins, I shall overthrow governments and free those who have been waiting for liberty.

#2 2008-07-21 07:55:33

zandaa
Website

Re: OSS + mixer volume

doesn't anyone have a clue? I really want to be able to change the volume in XFCE rather than the terminal :\

With my army of penguins, I shall overthrow governments and free those who have been waiting for liberty.

#3 2008-07-21 13:31:20

Dheart

Re: OSS + mixer volume

You can use ossxmix if you really desire a GUI, but currently gnome, xfce and kde's native mixers don't work with oss4 unless patched. If you google arround you are likely to find a patch for your mixer, but these are mostly dirty hacks. Use ossxmix for now.

My victim you are meant to be
No, you cannot hide nor flee
You know what I'm looking for
Pleasure your torture, I will endure...

Board footer