You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-21 15:04:02

Hessiess

cannot resolve dependencys for "ipw3945" and outher errors

After using ubuntu for around a year I decided to try out a less "everything done for you" distro. After following the bigginers guide using an ISO(core) I downloaded a few months ago  I have managed to get arch(dont panic) installed and bootable alongside ubuntu, using Ubuntu's grub. The problem,s started when a number of the files listed in the biginners guide dont seam to exist e.g.

etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.

pacman.d contains a number of files like community and core, but nothing called mirror list?
Ignoring this I continued along with the guide, untill i got to

pacman -Syu

This seemed to complete OK, but if the command is ran again it now says:

error: config file /etc/pacman.d/core could not be read... same for outher files

and

error: failed to syncronise core

the internet (weired) seems to be working, i can ping the rooter and google

what should i do?

#2 2008-07-21 15:08:03

shining
Pacman Developer

Re: cannot resolve dependencys for "ipw3945" and outher errors

You should either update your system or use the last ISO 2008.06 Overlord to get the mirrorlist file.
So if you want to update your system, you will have to use the whole core / extra / etc mirror lists in pacman.d for pacman.conf .

pacman roulette : pacman -S $(pacman -Slq | LANG=C sort -R | head -n $((RANDOM % 10)))

#3 2008-07-21 16:27:22

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

Reinstalling from an 2008.06 iso will probably be the least amunt of work, but if you want to upgrade your already installed system here is some hints:
Grab the latest pacman and libdownload and libarchive packages and install them, then change pacman.conf to use the new mirrorlist scheme.
After doing that, do and pacman -Syu, and make sure that you read ALL the output from pacman. Follow any instructions from pacman, and then merge all the .pacnew files BEFORE you reboot.

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

#4 2008-07-21 17:41:39

Hessiess

thanks, downloading the newer ISO smile

#5 2008-07-21 22:26:38

mcmillan

Actually I think you did upgrade the new pacman when you did the first pacman, but now it needs a different config file and that's why it's not able to sync anymore.  Do you have a file called /etc/pacman.conf.pacnew ? If so try replacing your /etc/pacman.conf with the pacnew file and then do another pacman -Syu.

Board footer