You are not logged in.

#1 2004-08-08 23:43:55

Flarex

CVS Winex Compilation error

I've looked around on the internet, and it seems as though winex hates flex 2.5.31, so i uninstalled and compiled 2.5.3 hoping it would help. It reduced the error I recieved when compiling winex before from a couple pages to a few lines. Would someone please tell me what am i doing wrong?

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/flarex/winex/tools/wmc'
cd `dirname wrc/__depend__` && make depend
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/flarex/winex/tools/wrc'
bison -y  -bppy -ppp -d -t ./ppy.y
flex -Cf  -d -Ppp -8 -olex.ppl.c ./ppl.l
make[2]: flex: Command not found
make[2]: *** [lex.ppl.c] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/flarex/winex/tools/wrc'
make[1]: *** [wrc/__depend__] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/flarex/winex/tools'
make: *** [tools/__depend__] Error 2

Compilation failed, aborting install.
[flarex@myhost winex]$ 

sad, also does transgaming.com provide binaries for arch or just rpms?

#2 2004-08-09 18:20:33

hypermegachi

Re: CVS Winex Compilation error

it's just rpms, debs, and tgzs.  there's a PKGBUILD in the forums somewhere that will convert the tgz to a pacman package.

anywho, your problem.  go into /root/temp/cvswinex/tools of wherever it extracts the source.  i used the GetCVSWineX script.

under the tools directory should be the wrc and widl directories.  in there, is a file called ppl.l

using your favourite text editor, remove the big ass comment at the top of the file in both directories.

it should compile fine now.  just so you know, if you're using NPTL you'll probably run into problems, cuz i have and still haven't figured it out.

#3 2004-08-09 18:23:23

dp
Website

Flarex wrote:

I've looked around on the internet, and it seems as though winex hates flex 2.5.31, so i uninstalled and compiled 2.5.3 hoping it would help. It reduced the error I recieved when compiling winex before from a couple pages to a few lines. Would someone please tell me what am i doing wrong?

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/flarex/winex/tools/wmc'
cd `dirname wrc/__depend__` && make depend
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/flarex/winex/tools/wrc'
bison -y  -bppy -ppp -d -t ./ppy.y
flex -Cf  -d -Ppp -8 -olex.ppl.c ./ppl.l
make[2]: flex: Command not found
make[2]: *** [lex.ppl.c] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/flarex/winex/tools/wrc'
make[1]: *** [wrc/__depend__] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/flarex/winex/tools'
make: *** [tools/__depend__] Error 2

Compilation failed, aborting install.
[flarex@myhost winex]$ 

sad, also does transgaming.com provide binaries for arch or just rpms?

flex: Command not found

make sure you have flex installed

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#4 2004-08-09 20:37:10

kakabaratruskia

I had answered the same, and then realized, flarex already mentioned he had flex installed, so I deleted my post.

And where were all the sportsmen who always pulled you though?
They're all resting down in Cornwall
writing up their memoirs for a paper-back edition
of the Boy Scout Manual.

#5 2004-08-09 21:26:56

dp
Website

kakabaratruskia wrote:

I had answered the same, and then realized, flarex already mentioned he had flex installed, so I deleted my post.

if the installer says, it cannot find it, then either PATH is set wrong, or the pkg for flex is empty/uncomplete

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#6 2004-08-09 22:21:02

kakabaratruskia

dp wrote:
kakabaratruskia wrote:

if the installer says, it cannot find it, then either PATH is set wrong, or the pkg for flex is empty/uncomplete

Good point...

And where were all the sportsmen who always pulled you though?
They're all resting down in Cornwall
writing up their memoirs for a paper-back edition
of the Boy Scout Manual.

#7 2004-08-10 16:02:29

EmbraceThePenguin

hypermegachi wrote:

it's just rpms, debs, and tgzs.  there's a PKGBUILD in the forums somewhere that will convert the tgz to a pacman package.

anywho, your problem.  go into /root/temp/cvswinex/tools of wherever it extracts the source.  i used the GetCVSWineX script.

under the tools directory should be the wrc and widl directories.  in there, is a file called ppl.l

using your favourite text editor, remove the big ass comment at the top of the file in both directories.

it should compile fine now.  just so you know, if you're using NPTL you'll probably run into problems, cuz i have and still haven't figured it out.

Super cool... This worked for me... Interesting that a comment would cause such issue, but it worked... Thanks!!!

Joe

#8 2004-08-13 05:41:14

drfindley
Website

hypermegachi wrote:

Hey that worked, how did you figure that out? Why Does removing a comment fix things?  Anways thank so much, never would have pieced taht together by myself!

#9 2004-08-13 15:09:38

hypermegachi

after like a day of searching around i finally found it.  it was hidden in linuxquestions.org somewhere.  for debian users they had to install flex-old with apt, and everyone else, just delete those comments.

i'm too lazy to actually go through the comments, but i'm guessing there was a * in there somewhere which confused the compiler or something like that.

btw, did you guys get it to work with nptl?  cuz i get seg faults with pthreads on, and lstat socket not found with pthreads off.

#10 2004-08-13 18:50:16

aCoder
Website

Binaries work fine with NPTL, but I'm not sure about cvs builds.

If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut yourself off from a good deal of experience.
  - John Cage

#11 2004-08-13 20:47:54

hypermegachi

the problem is that cvs winex (pthread on and off) doesn't work, AND both binaries winex3 and cedega don't work either.  the exact error messages i'm getting are in my other thread at

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … highlight=

#12 2004-08-13 21:20:32

aCoder
Website

Well, have you tried the latest version?  4.0.1 was just released.

If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut yourself off from a good deal of experience.
  - John Cage

#13 2004-08-13 22:46:31

hypermegachi

AFAIK the only change in the new version brings is support for doom3.

#14 2004-08-18 05:12:53

LavaPunk

Ok I finally stumbled upon this thread... I have the same problem.  What exactly get commented out of the ppl.l   Can I see someones please?

Board footer