You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-26 17:19:17

danielsoft

firefox 3 and layout.css.dpi

hello,

after an Arch update, Arch offered me Firefox 3 to replace Firefox 2. In the version 3 I realized I can no longer use the layout.css.dpi variable in about:config, which controls the size of rendering fonts. Now I use the -lcd versions of font rendering libraries, the fonts are satisfactory in X, but not in Firefox... When I set dpi size in xorg.conf, firefox ignores it. I am not using any desktop environment, just icewm, so I wonder where are the settings, that Firefox reads... any help?

may the Source be with you

#2 2008-07-26 17:57:34

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: firefox 3 and layout.css.dpi

danielsoft wrote:

hello,

after an Arch update, Arch offered me Firefox 3 to replace Firefox 2. In the version 3 I realized I can no longer use the layout.css.dpi variable in about:config, which controls the size of rendering fonts. Now I use the -lcd versions of font rendering libraries, the fonts are satisfactory in X, but not in Firefox... When I set dpi size in xorg.conf, firefox ignores it. I am not using any desktop environment, just icewm, so I wonder where are the settings, that Firefox reads... any help?

layout.css.dpi is still there. Does it just not work now?

#3 2008-07-26 23:49:10

danielsoft

skottish wrote:
danielsoft wrote:

hello,

the variable is still there, but changing it does not change the fonts... when I change it to 200 or more, it changes the look of the UI (it is twice as big) but that's pointless...

may the Source be with you

#4 2008-07-27 00:37:30

skottish
Forum Fellow

danielsoft wrote:
skottish wrote:
danielsoft wrote:

hello,

the variable is still there, but changing it does not change the fonts... when I change it to 200 or more, it changes the look of the UI (it is twice as big) but that's pointless...

From what I've read most people are setting it to something like 96 DPI, which on my system changes nothing (my xorg DPI is at 96x96). From what I can tell the behavior you're experiencing is precisely what should be happening, not only in Firefox 3 but also in Firefox 2.

Board footer