You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-29 17:33:04

securitybreach
Website

Transparent filemanager

I presently run Pcmanfm under Openbox. I saw this screenshot of KDE 4.1 with a transparent filemanager  http://www.linux.com/var/uploads/Image/ … 142661.png 

Does anyone know what this is or another file manager that supports transparency like this? I know about Xcompmgr and how to make a window transparent but by the looks of it this has a transparent background only. I like to keep my desktop minimal with no panel and mostly transparent console-based applications like weechat centerim, rtorrent, etc so something like this would be cool.

With my setup, Pcmanfm is a little out of place with everything else being ran in a transparent console. So besides midnight commander, does anyone know of a file manager with a transparent background? Preferably something lightweight.

Thanks

Last edited by securitybreach (2008-07-29 17:39:34)

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
Website      Configs
Forum Admin: Bruno's All Things Linux   
securitybreach<a>archlinux.us

#2 2008-07-29 17:38:52

Megamixman

Re: Transparent filemanager

I believe that is a plasmoid. It is like a desktop Widget. You can always use transset to make Openbox apply transparency to PcManFm. Unfortunately, this will include the icons as well.

#3 2008-07-29 17:39:46

securitybreach
Website

Re: Transparent filemanager

OK thanks

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
Website      Configs
Forum Admin: Bruno's All Things Linux   
securitybreach<a>archlinux.us

Board footer