You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-30 10:49:24

toketin

Compiz Standalone

Halo, yesterday I've read that is possibile to use only Compiz as window manager, I've tried following this thread and the fusion session starts correctly but I have some issues, first if i run for example the taskbar, tint2, it has the window's border but it shouldn't have it, then the pager (ipager and also the pager of fbpanel) are wrong because only one desktop is displayed, and in the taskbar even if i change desktop the tasks open in the bar are the same.. why this happens? Can anybody that use Compiz Standalone post here own configuration file? Thanks.
P.s. How can i set a desktop wallpaper? I've tried with feh command at the startup but it gives me an error and I must restart the session immediately..

#2 2008-07-30 11:01:08

leo2501

Re: Compiz Standalone

i can use it standalone but i have an issue with switching users, sometimes when i switch back to my session (with compiz standalone) i get a black screen and can't do nothing but restart the computer sad like it's not responding...

i start it with

xfce4-panel &
fusion-icon

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

#3 2008-07-30 11:04:46

toketin

and can you post here a screen of your desktop, please? How can i set the desktop wallpaper?

#4 2008-07-30 11:09:53

leo2501

ho sorry i have this in .xinitrc

#!/bin/sh

#
# ~/.xinitrc
#
# Executed by startx (run your window manager from here)
#

### Wallpaper set command ###
eval `cat ~/.fehbg`

### Autostart applications ###
numlockx &

### Autostart mouse speed ###
xset m 1 1

### Window Manager set ###
# exec startkde
 exec start-fusion
# exec wmaker
# exec startxfce4
# exec icewm
# exec fvwm
# exec openbox
# exec startfluxbox
# exec awesome
# exec wmii
# exec ratpoison

# dwm
# exec ~/bin/dwm-status | dwm

and this in ~/.fehbg

feh --bg-scale path_to_image

i'm using dwm right now, couse that issue with switching users that i'd told you smile maybe here somebody throw some light in that issue tongue

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Board footer