You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-04 12:13:18

cujo

Nvidia Twiview Usage and App Font/Menu Size

I use the nvidia drivers on my Lenovo T61, and I occasionally hook up a second monitor to the machine for extra screen space.  I use the "TwinView" setup and for the most part it works.  The bug comes up if I try to open certain apps after I've added the second monitor.  It is huge!

For example, my default emacs font is "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", size 7.  However, if I start it up after I've enabled the second monitor, all the fonts,menus, and icons are gigantic.  I can set the font size to 3 or 4 to make it usable, but the menus and icons stay huge.  Firefox is the same way.  The menus and tabs take up about a quarter of the screen. 

QT apps are a mixed bag.  For example, the menus in skype show up normal, but the text in the contact list is big.  At the same time, everything in Kate is huge.

For what it is worth, any apps that are running prior to adding the second screen aren't affected.  That is, they look fine.

Any idea what is going on here, or how I can go about trying to diagnose the problem?

Last edited by cujo (2008-08-04 12:50:19)

Board footer