You are not logged in.

#26 2008-08-12 04:12:49

uzbirglones

Re: Issue with fglrx after kernel upgrade

ckristi wrote:
uzbirglones wrote:

I don't know if my problem is related... but after upgrading the kernel, kde halts on loading... and if I run fluxbox... and try to start any application that uses 2d or 3d acceleration it halts anyway... using driver nvidia-96xx

I think you're going a little bit offtopic here. The fact is that the first problem was solved. The rest of the post is just about refinement in the configuration of X, or (most probably) some lack of support or documentation upstream (blame it on ATI/AMD). So, I think this topic should be closed and marked as solved and further comments to be made in new posts.

Hope I didn't make anyone feel bad, but it's for the good of the cause. Otherwise, the thread will become bloated and true information may be hidden in between (without being posted under a relevant title). And that's not what we want, do we?

Sure... don't worry... my problem was fixed as I updated the nvidia driver...

#27 2008-08-12 14:43:28

vtn

Re: Issue with fglrx after kernel upgrade

Problem fixed here too for my X1400.
I do not know what is happening to the guys uzbirglones or fettouhi, but effects on KDE 4.1 are working, although kind of sluggish and when I turn them on videos on mplayer/xine front-ends are choppy/flickery. But that is another issue and if I do not find the problem I may open a new thread. This one should be indeed [solved].

Board footer