You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-09 09:50:20

dyscoria

KDEmod3 and KDE4.1 mounted partitions

This is a problem I had when using KDEmod3 and now also have in KDE4.1 aswell.

In KDE4.1 mounted partitions I have (like /mnt/storage and /mnt/downloads) show up as 'Devices recently plugged in' in the New Device Notifier applet. Back in KDEmod3, these partitions would appear in the Konqueror sidebar as extra devices.

I also have a separate /tmp partition, but this is 'hidden' in a sense that you can't tell it's a separate partition unless you run 'df', presumably because it's part of the normal root directory structure. Is there a way to make other mounted partitions act like this (i.e. hide them from the New Device Notifier applet).

Thanks.

flack 2.0.6: menu-driven BASH script to easily tag FLAC files (AUR)
knock-once 1.2: BASH script to easily create/send one-time sequences for knockd (forum/AUR)

#2 2008-08-15 16:33:04

Bregol

Re: KDEmod3 and KDE4.1 mounted partitions

I noticed the same thing - my Windoze partitions were showing up in the device notifier in KDE4.  In KDE3, I could configure the applet to not show mounted and unmounted hard drive partitions, but no such thing yet in the KDE4 plasmoid.

But in case you haven't stumbled upon this yet, I came across this today: http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=166269

Hopefully that takes care of my annoyance with this plasmoid.

Nai haryuvalyë melwa rë

Board footer