You are not logged in.

#1 2004-08-25 20:01:25

Michel

suggestion for dbus, hal. new gnome-volume-manager-version.

Heya,

I just installed dbus, hall from cvs and gnome-volume-manager from tarball and have some suggestions:

dbus:

the default during configure seems to be to detect if you have the necessary things installed and based on that enable a component.
To disbale qt-bindings add:

--disable-qt

to configure, else it will try to compile the qt-bindings and without a libGL.la it won't work ... (and this isn't in the Mesa package or wasn't anyway as far as I can tell).

hal:

could you add the option "--enable-fstab-sync" to configure in the new versions? It seems to be usefull smile. It can be it wasn't available earlier ...

gnome-volume-manager:

I just upgraded to 0.9.9 If anyone wants to have the binary just tell me where to upload.

greetz,

Michel

#2 2004-08-25 20:16:58

sarah31
Website

Re: suggestion for dbus, hal. new gnome-volume-manager-version.

Michel wrote:

Heya,

I just installed dbus, hall from cvs and gnome-volume-manager from tarball and have some suggestions:

dbus:

the default during configure seems to be to detect if you have the necessary things installed and based on that enable a component.
To disbale qt-bindings add:

--disable-qt

to configure, else it will try to compile the qt-bindings and without a libGL.la it won't work ... (and this isn't in the Mesa package or wasn't anyway as far as I can tell).

there are solutions on this forum to fix the libGL.la. this file will be included with future builds of xorg/xfree86. NVIDIA drivers should also provide this file. this file is only an issue for building.

file a bug report feature report to add this build option to the package

hal:

could you add the option "--enable-fstab-sync" to configure in the new versions? It seems to be usefull smile. It can be it wasn't available earlier ...

if this package is in one of the three official repos file a feature request.

gnome-volume-manager:

I just upgraded to 0.9.9 If anyone wants to have the binary just tell me where to upload.

if a package has just fallen out of date up to about two week leave time for the maintainer to upgrade it .  you can flage the package out of date via the web page. this is way better than offering it to people or uploading it somewhere.

the flag otu of date feature is always a better option to cluttering the list with update requests and the bug tracker is the best way to convey your wanted build changes. alot of the developers do not frequent this forum but all are member of the bug tracker notification system.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2004-08-26 09:15:07

Michel

ok, thanks

#4 2004-08-27 18:34:26

Michel

Heya I cannot register with bug tracker. I fill in the registration code I get, but it keeps saying the registration code is incorrect and keeps sending me new ones whioch seem to be incorrect again ... vbery frustrating and there are some other ossues I would liek to address ...

btw those packages are in staging.

Board footer